All girls: Leotard and tights.
Acceptable accessories: black jazz pants, ballet skirts, ballet sweaters, fitted dance tops, and Currie
studio shirts & shorts. Hair must be pulled back and out of the face before they arrive to class.
All boys: T-shirt tucked into sweat pants, black jazz pants, or shorts. NO JEANS
- Tap: Girls- Tan (no laces) Capezio CG56 , children up to 6th grade may use a basic tap or mary
jane. All ties MUST be replaced with elastic or a dance elastic band.. All students over 6th
grade MUST have the slip on gore tan tap shoe.
Boys- Black gore tap. Younger boys any boy black tap.
- HIP HOP Jazz: All 30 minute jazz classes - Black gore boots (no laces), ABSOLUTELY NO
LACES PLEASE! No jazz Sneakers!
- Pointe shoes Gaynor Mendons are the only pointe shoes allowed.
- 1st - 6th funk combo classes- Tan taps & White leather tumbling shoes (not black gore boots)
Boys - Black (please read purple box below)
- Ballet: Girls- Pink (please read purple box below) Capezio's of any kind
- Tumbling: White with rubber sole (leather preffered, leather is required for tumbling troupe)
**If in doubt about any clothing or shoe requirement, please ask the studio staff before wearing.
**Different styles of shoes are available in the colors above. Please check with us if you have any
questions. We recommend purchasing your dancewear at Elite Dance Outfitters: 9962 Swanson Blvd.
in Clive. Ph. 515 276-6115
When you know your shoes are the correct ones for your class, PLEASE write your name inside!
|**Students will not be allowed to wear dance shoes
from a department store. They have no arch, they
do not bend, and the toes are made poorly. It is
difficult to teach your child in these types of shoes.
**The following clothing is unacceptable in class:
Pajama pants, boxer shorts, any over-sized clothing,
jeans, and any dance pants that drag on the floor. If
the clothing presents a danger to the child they will
be asked to change clothes or sit and watch class.
Note: There will be special tight color requirements for the recital! These will be announced when the costumes
The Currie Dance Studio is not responsible if you purchase incorrect shoe color or shoe style. You will be
expected to purchase the correct shoes for your class.
|We offer classes in
Tap, Jazz, Ballet,
Funk Tap and
Hip Hop Jazz
3840 - 70th
Urbandale, IA 50322
Favorite Dance Studio